UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY

ORIGIN & FUNCTIONS


In 1963, legislation authorized the University of Maryland to establish a campus at Catonsville in Baltimore County (Code Education Article, sec. 13-104 (f)). The University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) opened its doors to its first freshmen in September 1966. In 1988, the University became part of the University of Maryland System (Chapter 246, Acts of 1988). The System was renamed University System of Maryland in 1997 (Chapter 114, Acts of 1997).

For the greater Baltimore region, the University of Maryland Baltimore County is the doctoral research institution. Undergraduate and graduate programs are offered in the arts, sciences, social sciences, humanities, and engineering.

COLLEGE OF ARTS & SCIENCES

Physics Building, Room 333
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING

1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WORK

University System of Maryland
Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us

 Maryland Manual On-Line, 2001

April 1, 2001   
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites.  View the current Manual


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright April 10, 2001 Maryland State Archives