Maryland members appointed by Governor to 3-year terms: Albert B. Atkinson, 1997; Lewis R. Riley, 1997; one vacancy.
Dale A. Maginnis, Acting Executive Director & Secretary
P. O. Box 4277
Salisbury, MD 21803 - 4277
fax: (410) 742-9467
The Delmarva Advisory Council was formed in 1964 as a voluntary association by the governors of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia within the region known as the Delmarva Peninsula. In 1984, Maryland joined her neighbor states in establishing the Council by statute (Chapter 671, Acts of 1984).
To advance the economic and cultural welfare of the people of the Delmarva Peninsula, the Council advises, counsels, and assists government agencies and private organizations concerned with developing the resources and economy of the region. The Council helps governments work together and resolve interjurisdictional disputes in a public forum.
The Council is composed of five gubernatorial appointees from each state, as well as county officials, designated municipal officials, and citizens. Maryland financial support for the Council comes from participating Maryland counties and from the State through the budget for the Department of Business and Economic Development (Code 1957, Art. 32B, secs. 1-101 through 1-111).
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites. View the current Manual