LOCAL BOARDS OF ELECTIONS
In Maryland, a board of supervisors of elections was formed first in Baltimore City in 1876 (Chapter 223, Acts of 1876). By 1892, boards of supervisors of elections were authorized for all the counties (Chapter 701, Acts of 1892). These boards were renamed boards of elections effective January 1, 1999 (Chapter 585, Acts of 1998). Members are appointed to four-year terms by the Governor with Senate consent.
© Copyright April 10, 2001 Maryland State Archives
Maryland Manual On-Line, 2001
April 1, 2001
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites. View the current Manual